Apple Cake Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

Made this cake stand as a wedding present for my niece. Used wood from my parents' (her grandparents) apple trees from an extensive pruning that I did a while back, I dried the wood, planed it and glued it up. I will be making some serving tools to go with it. My first cake stand, not completely happy with my mortises and tenons but I will take it for a first try.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Made this cake stand as a wedding present for my niece. Used wood from my parents' (her grandparents) apple trees from an extensive pruning that I did a while back, I dried the wood, planed it and glued it up. I will be making some serving tools to go with it. My first cake stand, not completely happy with my mortises and tenons but I will take it for a first try.

View attachment 153458

Most woodworkers are self taught, and thus learn by doing. I was fortunate to start that process at age seven. It has been a life-long thing for me, and now sixty years later I know some things about wood work...and am eager to learn more. You show here that you have learned a lot, and now are have the experience of mortise/tenon joinery. It is looking great!

bobleibo

Cody
I really like that made from the apple wood.
I do have one question though....every time I turn around you have something new posted. How the heck do you manage that, do you somehow get more than the 24 hours a day like us mere mortals? I'd swear you sleep in your shop. Slow down and give the rest of us a chance to catch up.
Cheers
Bob

Top Bottom