Antique Pepper Grinder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chuditch

chuditch

Antique Pepper Grinder...The timber,Western Myall (Acacia papyrocarpa)… is endemic to the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia. It features a chocolate coloured to golden brown heartwood, often with a golden fleck and a pronounced ripple grain. The sapwood is pale yellowish colour and contrasts beautifully with the dark heartwood. This is the first of a series of other Pepper Grinders and Coffee Grinders...the idea first came from an article by David Reed Smith of Maryland USA and similar ones featured by 'tea lady' at Facebook.com/things of clay and wood: I thank both of them..

Attachments

• Antique Pepper Grinder Western Myall.jpg
    Antique Pepper Grinder Western Myall.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 170

neubee

Reply that looks really nice; I wonder how it would look if the small handle also had the same wood as the base. Great job.

Bobostro61

Reply that looks really nice; I wonder how it would look if the small handle also had the same wood as the base. Great job.

I've made several of these and that's the one thing that has bugged me about them. It would be nice if they left that knob off the handle and allowed you to turn your own.

Top Bottom