anoying little things

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from soundman

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundman

key rings anoy me.
It's a case of what can you do with them.
I've have worked some shapes But I'm looking for ideas.
I've attached a pic of a bunch of mine.
cheers

2007624121320_RIMG0397.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I guess I don't understand the post. If they annoy you, why keep making them?

I tried lots of different pen kits and have several kits that I didn't care for after turning a couple so I just sat them aside and will probably give them away some day, others may like what I don't.

By the way, they look attractive and I'm guessing you had fun turning them.

George

Rifleman1776

Key rings are fun and a good way to use up small pieces of otherwise scrap wood. I carry a pill bottle one daily and wouldn't be without it. But I stopped making those small novelty items because they come only in 24K gold and look junky after just a short while in use. The low quality doesn't well represent what I try to do with pens and other items I make.

jtate

How about challenging yourself by doing some segmenting (like the celtic knot thing) or doing some captive rings? Anything you can do large you could also probably do on a small scale.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Key rings are fun and a good way to use up small pieces of otherwise scrap wood. I carry a pill bottle one daily and wouldn't be without it. But I stopped making those small novelty items because they come only in 24K gold and look junky after just a short while in use. The low quality doesn't well represent what I try to do with pens and other items I make.

Many are now available in chrome, Frank. I have started making more of these, now. Never HAD complaints, but they sure looked tacky when people would come back and say they wanted another "Just like this one" (This one was worn down to nothing-ness).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom