Afzelia Burl Bottle Stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ankrom Exotics

My first attempt at a bottle stopper. The blank was Afzelia Burl.
Comments welcome.
Thanks

AfzeliaBurlChromeBottleStopper.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Nice shape and form to the stopper. Love the colored wood. Where did you get the blank from??? What was the finish of choice on this piece??? By the way nice photography work also

tmhawk

Wood is beautiful and the shape is AMAZING. WoW! I am blown away, that's an excellent stopper. (Someone is going to like that ALOT)

Thank you all for your kind words. Y'know? The funny thing is I tried to sell this thing on ebay and didn't get so much as a nibble.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. The blank was cut from an afzelia burl turning square I purchased on ebay. I'd never seen that type of figure and had to have it. The finish is shellawax.

Y'all make it sound like there's no room for improvement...... guess I'm gonna have to sell my lathe and take up quilting. Is there a forum for that?

airrat

Very nicely done. Keep up the good work.

On a little side note I am not sure if that is a chrome stopper. Read up on the stainless steel ones vs non and pitting. I have gone to all SS stoppers unless they tell me it is just a for looks and not use.

TBone

Wasn't bad enough you had to show an awesome stopper that puts anything I've turned to shame. Then you had to rub it in by saying it's your FIRST!!!!! :biggrin:

I think I'm the one that needs to sell the lathe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom