3-D Cutting Board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I have made a few cutting boards, but your work is several cuts above and more. Great skill and amazing vision.

W.Y.

Thanks for all the replies . I was surprised to see so many . Looks like members here on the Other Things We Make board are more interested in flat work than lathe turnings . (apart from pen turning of course on the other boards)

I quit posting my bowls here a while back due to lack of interest in them on this particular site . I have posted over a dozen more new ones on my own Woodworking Friends site since then with three more in the process of being finished . Each one has 180 segments .

I made this cutting board just for a little change of pace. It will be given to one of my sons when they visit because nobody at craft sales around here would ever pay for the time and price of wood to make one of those.
I had never made one and just wanted to see if I could.

The woods are rock maple and purple heart and African mahogany . The purple heart was a nice deep purple on the outside of the board from being exposed to the light but like with most purple heart , as soon as you cut into it the color is not near as nice. I will put it in an area where it will get direct sunlight for a few weeks and the rich purple color will come back. Then I will take an after picture to compare with the before picture .

W.Y.

why can't I see this? I have noticed that on several occasions, I do not see the picture.

???

The picture is at the top of page one of this thread. If you cannot see it the problem is apparently with your computer .

Nice to hear from someone in BC . What part of BC are you in ?

Last edited:

SteveJ

I quit posting my bowls here a while back due to lack of interest in them on this particular site . I have posted over a dozen more new ones on my own Woodworking Friends site since then with three more in the process of being finished . Each one has 180 segments .

I for one wish you would continue to post your bowls. I always make sure to look at what you have created, even if I don't comment. I love your work and am challenged each time I see it to pull out my RM and try it again. It has been years since I managed to complete a bowl with it.

butchf18a

One of mine

Cutting boards are a favorite project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 166
Top Bottom