$375 Bowl!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Blind_Squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday (April 21st) was my birthday! For my 45th birthday I took a bowl turning class at the local Woodcraft. The class cost $75 and the tools (Oneway Talon chuck and David Ellsworth PRO-PM bowl gouge :D) to make more bowls cost $300.

Here is the bowl I made:

1stBowl1.JPG

1stBowl2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clement

First of all, Happy Birthday [:)]
That's a pretty bowl, the shape and the color of wood looks perfect. Do you use the Ellsworth gouge for outside and inside ? It's a tool that I use since a few months now, it's realy nice to work with it. What sort of wood is the bowl?
good turnings,

clem

Originally posted by clement
<br />First of all, Happy Birthday [:)]
That's a pretty bowl, the shape and the color of wood looks perfect. Do you use the Ellsworth gouge for outside and inside ? It's a tool that I use since a few months now, it's realy nice to work with it. What sort of wood is the bowl?
good turnings,

clem

I used a Sorby fingernail ground bowl gouge to do the entire turning. The wood is mahagony with a Deft finish. I am going to let the Deft cure a week, then I am going to wax it. Having done so many pens helped with shaping it.

SteveRussell

Happy (Belated) Birthday,

Congrats on your bowl! What type of wood is it? Very nice form and an interesting grain. You're hooked now, there's no turning back! Onward to your 100th bowl! [:D] (Speaking from someone who has turned more than 13,000 bowls...) Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom