"Centurian" Pen Chest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

Here is my latest pen storage chest. Dimensions are 17"(H) x 8"(D) x 14" (W). Made out of walnut, maple and birdseye maple veneer (drawers). In total there are twenty(20) drawers and each holds five pens per compartment. The semi-open doors keep the twenty compartments securely in place should you desire to take your pen collection on the road. Brass hardware was used throughout including the rosettes attached to the doors. Hope that you enjoy the pixs and that it may inspire others pen collectors to build their own "Centurian".
-Peter-:)

2007923133530_P1010001.jpg

2007923133630_P1010003.jpg

200792313373_P1010005.jpg

2007923133729_P1010006.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />That is an absolutely stunningly beautiful piece of furniture. But, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of it. Do you 'collect' your own new made pens?

I have been very fortunate to have acquired some excellent pens from who I consider "key" IAP pen artists. It's a work in progress and I'm always eager to expand on this growing collection. Appreciate the compliment Frank.

-Peter-[:)]

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />Nice work Pete. I noticed "A10" stamped in the back of one of the drawers.
What's up with that?

Each of the twenty pen drawers have a distinct alpha-numeric sequence in order to return them to their original spot if removed. Plus it helps to catalouge specific pens and locate them in library form. They are labelled A1 to A10 and B1 to B10.

neon007

Just stunning!!! Wish I could make something of that caliber. Did you use a plan for that or did you just go at it free? Where can I find a blue print for something like that?

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by neon007
<br />. Did you use a plan for that or did you just go at it free? Where can I find a blue print for something like that?

No plan, it's all freehand. The key for me was to build the twenty drawers to one size and then to simply build around the given dimensions.

-Peter-

bgray

Excellent work.

If you were willing to consider doing these on a production scale, I think pen collectors would pay a hefty price for one of those.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />
Originally posted by neon007
<br />. Did you use a plan for that or did you just go at it free? Where can I find a blue print for something like that?

No plan, it's all freehand. The key for me was to build the twenty drawers to one size and then to simply build around the given dimensions.

-Peter-

Simply!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?[:D][:0][:D]

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Super job Peter, something to be very proud of. I hope it is filled with pens [:)]

Thanks for all the nice things and encouragement that IAP members have posted. And, yes Anthony, it is (mostly)filled with some great IAP created pens. One of my favourites is a Legacy rope twist cocobolo Sierra[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom