2019 Kitless contest winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Thank you to all who entered the kitless contest.

In third place with 18 votes, winning a BOB from Karl 99 ($50 value) is Fred Bibollet, Username: Fred Bruche

Second Place with 22 votes, winning a $50 gift certificate from Rockler, and AAW membership from AAW $35 value, is Pierre BOUILLOT aka Pierre

First place with 25 votes winning Diamond Blanks from Mckenzie Pen Works $85.00 value and A PRESSURE POT SHELF FROM BeeAMaker goes to Mike (Penultimate) Weiby

Congratulations to each of you who entered. I encourage those of you who did not enter to show your work in the SOYP forum and identify yourself. If someone contacts me to ask who made a particular pen I will PM them your contact info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

WOW! I am deeply appreciative for all the votes! THANK YOU!!
Quick behind the scene story, I was running out of time to finish this pen (yup, had to remake some parts a couple times, galalith is very brittle), but I managed to finish it before the deadline because of a snow day (off work) :biggrin: And yes, the complementary color harmony between the wood and the galalith was intentional :)
And congratulations to Pierre and Mike!! Their entries are way above what I can do, and I appreciate their entries and work even more now that I dabbled into the kitless world.

Pierre---

Congrats to Fred and Penultimate, worthy winners! Both of you go beyond the classical way, which I struggle to follow.

Penultimate

Holy smokes[emoji2]! Thank you very much for the votes. Congratulations Pierre and Fred your work is beautiful. Everyone submitted great work. This site is so inspiring, it is fantastic seeing so much creativity,
Thanks again.

Like Fred I made about three pens before I got one that worked. It is now in my daily carry rotation. I like the huge ink capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I thought each was excellent and each had their own special nuances.

Congratulations to all.

(Nice job running the contest Steve)

jttheclockman

First I have to say this was my hardest contest to pick a winner. All entrys were well done and better than anything I could do. But I do realize the time and effort that goes into these so I can appreciate them from that perspective. I also would like to congratulate the winners and as I have said before there are no losers. Hold your head high and be proud of your work. Not all can do what you people just did. Job well done.:):)

Top Bottom