Puzzle #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
This first puzzle should really be easy....

What is a EUCKY?

Send your answer to iap.puzzles@gmail.com

Be sure to put Puzzle #1 or something to that effect in the subject field and make sure that your IAP user ID is in the message.

One guess per person. All correct answers earn one point for this puzzle.

Banter is encouraged, but please do not post the answer or any strong hints.

Deadline for this puzzle is noon CST on Tuesday, Feb 5.

Good luck
Edgar

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I already gave him the right answer. I think I just might want to win all the puzzles this year. :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle 1 Reminder

This is a reminder that Puzzle #1 is still active.

You have until noon CST on Tuesday, Feb 5 to get your entries in.

This one is obviously very easy and someone will win a prize just for sending me an email entry - it could be you!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #1 is closed

We had 41 entries for Puzzle #1 and almost everyone got the right answer.

The correct answer for "EUCKY" is Eucalyptus.

If your entry included the word "Eucalyptus" in any context, I gave you credit for your answer. If "Eucalyptus" was not included somewhere in your answer, you did not earn a point.

I suspect that some of you simply guessed and that some of you did some Google searching, either of which is fine.

However, the best way to find the right answer would have been to simply follow Mark James' great series on Pen Turning, Lore, Myths & Fables the last couple of months - especially this particular one:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/pen-turning-lore-ix-banjo-oleary-call-kookaburra-158043/

If you had read that particular story, you would have instantly known the correct answer.

Besides the entertainment and historical value of Mark's series, those fables just might contain other valuable information that you may find useful someday. :)

The Puzzle #1 winner(s) will be announced at the end of all the Puzzle Contests.

Top Bottom