Zeny vaccum pump?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

preacherman

My awesome mother-in-law bought me a vaccum chamber for Christmas gift. This one: https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/...-Vacuum-Stabilization-Chamber-Kit?term=vaccum chamber

I am looking at pumps. Found this on amazon: Amazon.com: Zeny® Single-Stage 3,5CFM 5 Pa Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump 3 CFM 1/4HP HVAC Air tool R410a R134, blue (#01): Home Improvement

Does anyone have one of these? I'm just looking to get stabilizing set up for cheap. and I will not be doing any large stuff and only be occasionally stabilizing blanks. I know that there are other much better pumps out there. Just seeing if anyone has an opinion on this particular one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Dale

That vacuum pump will do lots of things, but is not the best one for vacuum stabilization such as with cactus juice. Pumps that pull deep 28 inch or more vacuum will cost about twice as much.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The Zeny pump in the Amazon.com link IS powerful enough for stabilizing, Ken. It will pull a 100 micron or better vacuum.

Now, be sure to read the manual with your chamber. Last I saw, their directions said to no pull more than a 27" vacuum. That pump will do more than that and you may end up with problems with the chamber.

preacherman

Thanks Curtis for your input. If you say it will work I'm going to order it. Already ordered my juice and a couple bottles of dye from your site this afternoon.

JD Combs Sr

Thanks Curtis for your input. If you say it will work I'm going to order it. Already ordered my juice and a couple bottles of dye from your site this afternoon.
At that kind of price you could buy two, one for a spare or for spare parts and still be cheaper than some of the better known brands. Just my 2cents.

preacherman

This pump is ordered expected arrival Wednesday of next week. I already have my cactus juice and ready to try this stabilization stuff out. will post results soon.

The Penguin

I can't say WHO I heard it from, but it was a very reputable person that knows stabilizing...be careful of that chamber, AT LEAST ONE of them has crumpled inward while being used for stabilizing.

preacherman

Thanks for the heads up about the chamber. The instructions do say clearly not to exceed 27" vacuum. I have a gauge coming with this pump and I'll watch it closely.

Top Bottom