Will this work?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodkiller

Walmart sells small bottles of craft paint in about 100 colors that is water based acrylic. What it is is apple barrel brand and am wondering if anyone has used it to color resin. I'm using casting craft from hobby lobby currently and it seems to have worked, but I wonder if it will hold up over time.
Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Nooooooooo!!!! Nothing water based. I tried that once, it never cured or came out of the pvc mold. Use the dyes for casting or mica powders instead.

Dave

Tim'sTurnings

I've used the acrylic paints from Hobby Lobby with PR and had no problems. They may have taken a little longer to set up but they worked fine.
Tim.

Woodkiller

Well, somehow it worked & I got it drilled, turned, & put together. It turned just like the others I have done using pearl ex & the casting craft liquid dies, so I'm going to try it again & see if it was a fluke. It set up overnight & came out hard & not sticky.

Last edited:

Woodkiller

Well, I think I have found a way to get the colors I want at a price I can afford. I have cast 32 oz in 9 colors and every one is solid. The black took an extra half a day, but it set up good. All turned just like the others using pearl ex or casting craft liquid, and I'm happy with the results so far. I even managed a 3 color pour that turned into my new stylus. :)

For those that said not to use water based could you please tell me why? Maybe there is a problem that I am not aware of or something I missed. I would really like to know why water & PR don't mix and what happens.

Top Bottom