Why we cast??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

neon007

Just wondering why everyone does their own castings??? I used to make knives and would make batch after batch, just trying to find a good color. Then I realized I had way more castings then I could ever use in a lifetime. So I found another use for them. Boy!!! Did I get bit by that bug bad.

leehljp

Member Liaison
So show us some more of your pens made from your cast off castings! [:D] Your pens do look great! Just think of the experience you gained and how you can make money from that experience! Plenty of suckers here willing to buy some ready made casts. [;)]

txbatons

If you'll send me an email, I'll give you the address for the Casting Disposal Service that I'm about to open here in my workshop! It's very cheap. And available to everyone, by the way. [;)]

It is true, that once you get the hang of casting, and you get decent or better results, it is almost as much (maybe more) fun to make a set of blanks as it is to turn a pen/stopper from the casting .. I have at least a few hundred blanks which are "not the color I want to see today" ... fun fun stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom