where to buy?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

preacherman

I have just started casting recently. My first couple of pours I used poly resin from Michaels, and also got one of the mixed packs of 3 gram bottles of pearl ex with 12 colors in it. I am going to order a gallon of Silmar 41 from US composites. And I am trying to find good prices on pearl ex. Preferably the larger bottles. So where do you buy your pearl ex?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
There really isn't one Dale. Give Coastal Scents mica powder a try. 20 times the amount for 1/10th the price. FWIW...several of us don't think it has the wow! of pearl-ex...but there are ways around that!!

preacherman

There really isn't one Dale. Give Coastal Scents mica powder a try. 20 times the amount for 1/10th the price. FWIW...several of us don't think it has the wow! of pearl-ex...but there are ways around that!!

That's what I really like is the wow factor. How do I get that with mica powder? I am just learning here with casting but I am loving do this.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
coastalscents.com/make-your-own/makeup/mica-powder.html?limit=all

You can buy sample packs for a dollar to see if you like the color and sparkle. It is the single most used source on this site. There are other sources but this is the starting point.

Jim Burr

Banned
The wow factor is subjective Dale. I mix my pearl ex with the same color mica powder. Now I only buy mica...have a toss at a few and see what you think.

Top Bottom