What to do with small snakeskin?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I hated to do it but I had to kill a small copperhead this morning. He was lurking where my wife and dogs hang out all the time. I skinned him and put him in a alcohol glycol mixture. Since I will only get a limited number of blanks from the skin, what would you suggest? I was thinking bolt action, bolt action Tec pen, and/or some slims for Cartridge pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

how about a Vertex FP. I just pulled some out of the solution and planning my attack for them when I have time. Looking at capped pens for several of them. Then Verte and Long click pens to show off largest amount of skin. A slimline would be cool looking.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I don't know how small your skin is, but by my calculations, the width of the skin needs to be at least 0.86" (pi X dia) to fit around a 7mm tube and 1.18" to fit around the 3/8 tube of the bolt action. Does your skin measure at least that wide?

Cwalker935

I don't know how small your skin is, but by my calculations, the width of the skin needs to be at least 0.86" (pi X dia) to fit around a 7mm tube and 1.18" to fit around the 3/8 tube of the bolt action. Does your skin measure at least that wide?

Yes it's wide enough for a 3/8" tube but probably not much wider than that without getting into the the belly scales.

Top Bottom