What cup to use???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

To my fellow casters.....whom are most likely better at it than me. What type of plastic cup do you use for you PR? My first try was in a #6 Plastic cup and it melted in record speed. After that I went to paper cups which work well until you want to put it in some hot water to warm the resin so it flows then they fall apart. I was just a Wally World and picked up some #5 plastic cups and they feel thicker than the #6 but I am no sure it is enough. So if you dont mind sharing, what type of Plastic Cup do you use and how long do you hve before it fails?

FYI - When I say #5 & #6 I am refering to the number in between the recycle arrows typically on the bottom of the cup

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JF36

I have had good luck with the #5 in the past, but I do not let the resin sit in hot water so I do not know if that effects it at all.

Justturnin

I use dixie cups and they work fine but for casting around pinecones and sweetgum balls I wanted to warm the resin so it would flow more easily around the cracks and curves giving me a better fit. I cant warm the resin in the paper cups. I am going to try my first worthless wood tomorrow on some Water Oak burl. I hope the #5 cups hold up.

Top Bottom