West System

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I found a distributor for the WS epoxy not too far from home. So on a road trip to another destination, it was along our path, and we decided to stop.

They didn't have the 207 hardener, and the quart cans of 105, 205, and 206 were almost $60.00 each. :eek: They also look like they've been there for years. The can tops were rusty and covered in a layer of dust.

I can order both the epoxy and hardener, and it will be delivered for $70.00.
That's the best price I've found, anywhere.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

I pay almost $200 for one gallon of 105 and a quart of 207, at my neighborhood marine supply store. Quality is bar none. Love this product.....

Terredax

Banned
I pay almost $200 for one gallon of 105 and a quart of 207, at my neighborhood marine supply store. Quality is bar none. Love this product.....

I'm sure being in Florida is beneficial, with all of the boats. There's probably a marina on every corner? :wink:

The place I found, is a marina, but they don't sell a lot of the product. There aren't a lot of boaters in this area, other than fisherman with aluminum john boats.

This was the only place I could find that stocks the WS within 100 miles, and most of the others, don't carry the 207.
Ordering online from a stocked supplier, seems to be my only option.

Terredax

Banned
Out of curiosity, I just checked on the gallon size, and it would be $154.53 shipped to my door. I don't need that much resin, but with it only costing slightly more than double, and getting four times the resin has me reconsidering.

I only want to test a couple of casts, that polyester is suitable for, and I don't want to invest in a pressure vessel.
Getting the gallon might require me to do that.

Woodchipper

We had a demo on finishing at our turning club meeting. One demo used the West System epoxy. Expensive but seems to be a high quality product.

ladycop322

It is the highest quality in my opinion. I have always used it for when making my watch parts blanks and most of my clients (other turners) that order my blanks, tell me so too! Quality is key when you want return clients :)

Thud 54963

I've used West System for years. Used it for canoes, kayaks, and pen blanks. Currently working on a 5 gallon container of resin from 2007. Have not noticed any loss of quality. Using slow hardener of the same vintage.

I would not use any other brand. It's expensive, but its worth it.

PatrickR

Since you are talking about Ws. Can anyone compare it against Royal Palm or Liquid Diamonds? In particular hardness? I like both of these but they are a little softer than I would prefer.

Top Bottom