watch your hoses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

I have been using my stabilizing set-up for over two years. It is very basic, an old paint pot connected to a Gast vacuum pump via a section of high pressure hose.
Today I started a batch and noticed the hose was almost completely collapsed. Actually, it makes sense but I hadn't thought of it previously. Drawing solvent fumes through the hose has weakened it. This could cause a failure for the vacuum to work properly if there should be a complete collapse.
Fortunately, I have a large quantity of the hose on hand. I bought a coil from an industrial liquidation at low cost. What I have will last quite a few years, even replacing what is in use once a year or so.
But, this could be a matter of concern for some who might not be getting the results they did early in their stabilizing days.
Check yer hoses.

IPD_Mr

Well Frank welcome back to the fray. It has been almost a year now.

Like you I think it is better to keep an eye on the hose and replace it from time to time. Chemical rated high pressure hose is not cheap.

workinforwood

As must be done..the comedy side of things...watch them hosers too! eh..what's a hoser?

Like the very similar term hosehead, the term may have referred to farmers of the Canadian prairies, who would siphon gasoline from farming vehicles with a hose during the Great Depression of the 1930s.[citation needed] The expression has since been converted to the verb 'to hose' as in to trick, deceive, or steal (e.g., "That card-shark sure hosed me."). Hosed has an additional meaning of becoming drunk - for example: "Let's go out and get hosed." Another possible origin is derived from hockey slang. Before ice resurfacers, the losing team in a hockey game would have to hose down the rink after a game. Thus the term "hoser" being synonymous with "loser".
A hoser's flannel shirt may also be referred to as a "Kenora dinner jacket". (Some regional variations of this term also exist, usually substituting a hoser-stereotyped local community's name in place of Kenora.)[3]

Top Bottom