Warmup for the 2019 advanced casting contest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I have volunteered to run the 2019 advanced casting contest. Talking with Mike Redburn I am proposing the following rules: no CNC, no Laser, no 3D printers. Must be items you created or found, bought, etc. Items imbedded in any casting material of your choice. I would think out side of the box if you are considering Steampunk. Any other suggestions we should incorporate?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I have volunteered to run the 2019 advanced casting contest. Talking with Mike Redburn I am proposing the following rules: no CNC, no Laser, no 3D printers. Must be items you created or found, bought, etc. Items imbedded in any casting material of your choice. I would think out side of the box if you are considering Steampunk. Any other suggestions we should incorporate?
Does it need to be a pen blank? Bottle stopper etc....

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Good question Ernie,
Unless I am over ruled, I think it might get more casters involved.As far as I am concerned, I will leave that as an option. After all, it is a casting contest. Although I suspect, as pen turners we might be prejudiced towards pens. Go for it and the final vote will decide

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Good question Ernie,
Unless I am over ruled, I think it might get more casters involved.As far as I am concerned, I will leave that as an option. After all, it is a casting contest. Although I suspect, as pen turners we might be prejudiced towards pens. Go for it and the final vote will decide

Im in for sure!!

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Entries will be limited to 1 per contest. However if you change your mind before the photos are posted, you can replace your choice. Once the photos are posted, that is your entry. Bottle stoppers and any other cast item will be allowed. Bear in mind that this is primarily a pen turning site, but feel free to post your choice of advanced casting.

Top Bottom