Vacuum Pump on Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

In case any one is interested HF has their 2.5cfm Vacuum pump on sale for $69.99.

here is the buy now link. Electric Vacuum Pump - 2.5 CFM

If that doesn't work I attached the coupon.

Thanks
Danny

Attachments

• Vac Pump coupon.PNG
    Vac Pump coupon.PNG
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,032
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

They have a larger size I don't remember what it is , but that is the middle one now. Haven't used mine for anything but pulling down ac units in car/trucks and a couple of household units it works great just takes a little longer at that size.
:clown:

PTsideshow

If you get it at a local HF store make sure you buy an extra bottle of the pump oil. If I remember there is only enough to barely fill the pump. You also can buy it larger bottles at any refrigeration/AC supply store. If you don't use it to pull down AC units you will still need some extra oil to top it up and when you forget and turn the pump so it leak out! :eek:

And make sure it is the correct pump oil and not another oil the helpful stock person may offer. It is clearly labeled on the bottle.

jjones

HF Two Stage 3 CFM Vacuum Pump Now on Sale

The Harbor Freight # 66466 Two Stage 3 CFM Air Vacuum Pump is on sale for $109.99 until Jan 22nd with a sale coupon or online sale coupon code.

Print coupon for store: http://widgets.harborfreight.com/ws...tml&single=true&cust=78149430242&keycode=1002

Web order link w/coupon: http://www.harborfreight.com/two-stage-3-cfm-air-vacuum-pump-66466.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMzY0MTE0NjYiLCJza3UiOiI2NjQ2NiIsImlzIjoiMTA5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjE4ODIifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=0312a&utm_source=1002

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
FYI...One complaint I have heard from NUMEROUS customers is that both of the HF pumps put out a blue haze in their shop from the oil while running. One fellow said it was really bad and was trying to come up with some type of trap or filter on the exhaust side to prevent it. I have never used a HF pump so can not vouch for the comments so take it for what it is worth. I do have a different brand of pump (US Made) and do not have any such problem.

PTsideshow

Haven't noticed it, Of course it might not show up outside or in a brightly light shop. They can try placing a folded rag/cloth or an respirator dust mask over the discharge port, to catch the mist.

I think that due to the nature of the rotary vane vacuum pump, the misting may be inherent to all of them if they don't have a filter on them. :clown:

jd99

I bought one from ebay that looks like it's the same as the HF model had it running yesterday for a couple hours, and didn't notice any haze or mist comming from it, but it has what looks like a foam screen in the exahust port maybe that helps.

Thanks
Danny

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Haven't noticed it, Of course it might not show up outside or in a brightly light shop. They can try placing a folded rag/cloth or an respirator dust mask over the discharge port, to catch the mist.

I think that due to the nature of the rotary vane vacuum pump, the misting may be inherent to all of them if they don't have a filter on them. :clown:

It is definitely not inherent to all of them. My JB Industries pump does not do this and it does not have any kind of filter.

PTsideshow

Sorry I should have noted that it was the import pumps I was referring too, it would be due to the cheaper seals/o-rings used in the "import pumps" or it could be that when the seals/0-rings get broke in(worn out on the imports
The your brand of pump is designed for a lot more continuous use, than the imports!

ren-lathe

It is a bit more expensive but JT tooling sells an oil less pump for $199.00. No oil to deal with no haze quiet. I use it for vacuum chucking & it works great. They make a number of accessories for lathes.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It is a bit more expensive but JT tooling sells an oil less pump for $199.00. No oil to deal with no haze quiet. I use it for vacuum chucking & it works great. They make a number of accessories for lathes.

The only problem with their pumps is that it can only pull 24-25" Hg of vacuum according to their website. While that is great for vacuum chucking, it will not provide the best results if you are wanting to stabilize wood.

Top Bottom