Vacuum Guage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandking

I know I can get a vacuum gauge from MSC, but does anyone know where I can get one locally? Do Home Depot or hardware stores carry them?

Also my HF Pressure Pot guage that came with it is screwed up. Where can I get a replacement for that?

Thanks[:eek:)]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by sandking
<br />I know I can get a vacuum gauge from MSC, but does anyone know where I can get one locally? Do Home Depot or hardware stores carry them?

Also my HF Pressure Pot guage that came with it is screwed up. Where can I get a replacement for that?

Thanks[:eek:)]

Now don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure HD, Lowes, HF... all carry 1.5" pressure guages in their air sections.

If you don't mind cludging a little bit you can always take the vacuum gauge off of the brake bleeder that HF sells. Remember to print out the page and take it with you to get the sale price.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92474

beamer

I've never seen vac. guages at any stores other than the one I've seen at HF, here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93547

Gary Max

Personally ---if you are going to buy one---spend the extra buck and get one that is oil filled. Most of the bargain ones I have seen don't work. I think I bought mine from Fastenal and gave about $20.00 for it. It really makes sense to buy a gauge that works.

Well I happend by my local HF as it is a coupla blocks past where I pay my electric bill...

for Pressure Gauges:
#95447 - 1 1/2 Dial Pres Gauge - $5.99

#36797 - Air Pres. Regulator w/ 1 1/2 Dial Pres. Gauge - $6.99 (on sale till 6/25, online price is listed as $6.99)

Buy the regulator and take the gauge of it. Hold the regulator in reserve.

For Vac Gauges, I ordered an oil filled one off of Ebay Express.
2-1/2" Face x 1/4" LM Liquid-filled Vacuum Gauge 30" HG

rickbw

I had a devil of a time finding a vacuum gauge locally in Charlotte. Tried HF, HD, Lowes, auto stores etc with no luck. Ended up buying one on Ebay for about $20 with shipping.

its_virgil

I bought my vacuum and pressure guages at Grainger Industrial Supply
Grainger Supply (Branch 128)
1401 S. Mint St.
Charlotte, NC 28203-4135
Phone: (704) 376-0785
Fax: (704) 347-0651
http://www.grainger.com

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by rickbw
<br />I had a devil of a time finding a vacuum gauge locally in Charlotte. Tried HF, HD, Lowes, auto stores etc with no luck. Ended up buying one on Ebay for about $20 with shipping.

its_virgil

Buying a vacuum gauge, of course.[B)] We are lucky enough to have a Grainger Supply here in town...[:p] I just knew someone would ask me that, or something similar.

do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by rickbw
<br />Don,

I thought you were from Texas - what were you doing in Charlotte??? [;)]

its_virgil

chuckie,
I don't have the part number. I searched the grainger site but could not find the exact same guage. It is an Ashcroft gauge that measures both vacuum (to 30 in Hg) and pressure (to 30 psi)and there is a number (436-13R) under the Ashcroft name at the bottom. I do remember it cost under $20 and I'm thinking it was $14 and change. I've attached a picture.
200761112628_gauge.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />Don,

Do you have the Grainger part number for the guage you purchased?

Chuckie

sandking

I tried Grainger but they won't sell to me b/c I'm not a business. I think I'll order one from MSC. The one thing I didn't understand was the vacuum gauge on Graingers website had no numbers on it, just lines????

Fred

Graingers IS a retail store and also has commercial accounts as well. Go there and speak to the manager and get the low down on this problem It sounds to me like the stupid clerk just didn't want to be bothered with a 'small' sale. Stupid clerk!

Russb

Wholesale Only.
Grainger sells products for business use to customers with business identification. Identification required from all customers. Possession of, or access to, any Grainger catalog, literature or websites does not constitute the right to purchase from W.W. Grainger, Inc. (Grainger). Grainger reserves the right to correct publishing errors. All references herein to the term “products†shall include services provided by Grainger.

A quote from the Grainger web site?????????

its_virgil

I just show'em my business card (for pens) and the sale is written as a cash sale. I've even taken in my cases full of pens and asked, "Who would have this many pens it they weren't in the business to sell pens? I suppose each store's employees are different. I must say, that I do wait for one particular salesman. A sales tax number would be the easiest way to prove you are a business.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
<br />Wholesale Only.
Grainger sells products for business use to customers with business identification. Identification required from all customers.

sandking

Thanks everyone. The guy at Grainger ended up selling to me. He looked annoyed but whatever. I used to work in a place like that where it was only business to business but they have employee accounts and other accounts they could put it on especially if you're paying cash. So people just like to be difficult.

stevers

Hey all,
Will either or both of these vac guages work for the paint pot set up?
I keep hearing you all talk about pounds per inch when you refere to vacuum in the HF paint pots.

2007765312_vac%20guage%20cheepie%20650.jpg
<br />

20077653120_vac%20guage%20snap%20on%20650.jpg
<br />

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Steve, yes either of those will work for vacuum. The unit of measure doesn't matter. I have a gauge that I will post a pic of later that has a centre zero. This is called an Absolute Guage and works for vac or pressure. They cost no more than any other gauge but are a bit harder to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom