Thoughts on stabilizing services.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

I've been asked now by multiple people if I would stabilize wood for people and also casting.

The first few people offered me half of the wood (desert Ironwood and buls) that they sent me. Today alone 2 people contacted me about stabilizing knife blanks and other woods. One guy wants his slabs dyed bright red.

I've looked at professional places that do lots of stabilization and they are charging $10+ a lb for clear stabilizin and $14+ for a single dye and stabilized. Per lb.

Now I'm not a professional stabilizer but feel I do a decent job. Havnt done much dyeing yet. What do you suggest I charge for stabilizing and dyeing per lb?

I'm not looking to make a fortune but would like to more than just cover cactus juice costs. What's fair?

KenV

Ethan, when I,had some done several years back the bill was based on the final weight that went into the shipping box. Some assume charges should be on the change in weight. Be sure basis of weight is clear, and you should get paid for your time as well as overhead and materials.

You are in no danger of getting rich providing a service like,this

Top Bottom