supplies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seht

Is there a FAQ or any info on what is needed to casting.
I have been using some acrylic from TAP plastics, but I was thinking of want to do more.
I am interested in a pressure pot setup.
What pieces are needed?
Are there any starter packages out there worth investing in?
Is there a good source for a parts list?

Thanks any info would be appreciated.

Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

Any reason why you are interested in a pressure pot, I cast with PR and just need some cups, some stir sticks and and some PVC tubes for molds. Oh and the PR and Pearlex that I first got at my local Craft Store (look for 40% off coupons).

seht

I wanted to look into using Alumilite. I wanted to do some combination casting wood and resin. I like the faster cure time advertised with that.

I haven't had a lot of luck with the stuff from TAP, I think I used too much of the catalyst, because the first blank had a crack across the bottom but I was still able to get a blank out of it and the second and third casts had vertical cracks running the entire length of the blank.

I am just starting to play with casting and want to try a variety to see what I like and which works the best for me.

Any reason why you are interested in a pressure pot, I cast with PR and just need some cups, some stir sticks and and some PVC tubes for molds. Oh and the PR and Pearlex that I first got at my local Craft Store (look for 40% off coupons).

Top Bottom