It Sucks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

Really well I might add .... 24.5 Hg in fact.

I finally got all the parts together for the vacuum pump I got cheap off of Kijiji. If it lasts me a year I will be happy but I am hoping for longer. It is a Welch Duoseal 1400 with a lot of odds and sods from the junk drawers and sgrounging around in the hangar shops. A vist to Princess Auto, Home Depot and Acklands and I am up and running.

img_1253.jpg

My chamber was very inexpensive but will be replaced with a larger and easier to use one when possible. I did get a great seal on it with the use of a little bit of expired aircraft grade sealant
biggrin.gif
The entire underside of it has a layer of sealant 1/8" thick for a good surface to seal against. Now I just have to get some whieghts to hold the blanks down.

img_1254.jpg

And at this time the Cactus Juice is almost done bubbling. Tomorrow will be time to bake these 100 year old barn board blanks, hopefully this toaster oven won't end up in the trash like the last one. (minor fire inside it
mad.gif
)

Much more to come I fall off the cliff of the stabilizing and casting world. At least if I fall too fast I can reach out and grab on to one of the many helpful addicted people around here.
rolleyes.gif

Bruce
progress.gif

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

That really sucks:biggrin:

Careful with your fingers and that pulley.

Isn't it great having somthing suck ... and it being a good thing.:)

After taking the tip of a finger off in a table saw I am more careful of things that can bite me. This is why I have a long hose attached, When I get everything in its final home the pump will not even be on the working table and the belt and pulleys will face the wall.

Does anyone know how thick the acrylic would have to be for a box 12" x 12" by 9" deep?? I want to stabilize some old burls that I have that are on the large size.

Bruce

Top Bottom