Stripy blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericofpendom

I have been wanting to do this for ages and just not had the time to spare. It has taken me a week and lots of patience, not one of my strong points A fortune in plastic cups and 16.5ozs of polyester resin. 28 layers, each one 0.6oz. The finished block would give me 6 pen blanks at 20mm x 20mm if I hadn't had a bit of a problem taking it out of the mouldsee the pics. Anyway I have managed to get 5 full size blanks and one that will do maybe a long clicker style pen. No I have proved I can achieve the results I am after then I will be doing more. Thanks for looking and C&Cs welcome.
Eric...

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_2198.jpg
    IMG_2198.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericofpendom

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am planning to make the next block with 1oz per layer and maybe just a single gradient from say white to black with all the grays in between. Som many ideas, so little time!
Eric...

tbfoto

Well????? it's been 24 hours already.....where's the pen?????? Can't wait to see a pen!!!
I too have an issue with patience. :smile-big:
Honestly....pen or no pen...you did a great job just creating the blanks.

ericofpendom

Well????? it's been 24 hours already.....where's the pen?????? Can't wait to see a pen!!!
I too have an issue with patience. :smile-big:
Honestly....pen or no pen...you did a great job just creating the blanks.

Sorry for the delay regards the pen but work is really getting in the way at the moment. I am hoping it rains this afternoon as I am on an outdoor job so would be able to rain off into the shed.
Thanks for looking and your kind comments.
Eric...

Reminds me of Fordite, the layers of paint that used to build up on the wall where car painters would spray to clean their paint guns. Over time it would get quite thick and the workers would break chunks off and take them home. made neat looking paperweights etc...

Top Bottom