Stick Fast vs Cactus Juice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NittanyLion

Looks like CSUSA is now selling both. The new Stick Fast resin looks similar to Cactus Juice, curing at same temp. Has anyone used the Stick Fast system? How does it compare to CJ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

termitedave

I clicked on the link then got the pic in the right hand side, that said turners scent. Then Curtis cactus juice poped up in the pic of stuff for choose. Looks like the same price he sells for. I seen where he bougt a bottleing set up.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I clicked on the link then got the pic in the right hand side, that said turners scent. Then Curtis cactus juice poped up in the pic of stuff for choose. Looks like the same price he sells for. I seen where he bougt a bottleing set up.

Yes, this is indeed true. Cactus Juice is now available at Craft Supplies USA as well as a well known knife parts supplier.

Last edited:

sbell111

Looks like CSUSA is now selling both. The new Stick Fast resin looks similar to Cactus Juice, curing at same temp. Has anyone used the Stick Fast system? How does it compare to CJ?

I'm not convinced that there is any difference between stick fast, cactus juice, or ZK-TR90 stabilizing resins. I'm also pretty certain that no one in the know is ever going to say for sure.

Sabaharr

I just clicked the link. It said TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK. I don't think I would ever get that from Curtis. Cactus Juice works perfectly for me, why fix "what aint broke"?

The products basically work the same, mix, vacuum and let sit, then cook. To me they turn the same, but it is really the after sale that sometimes becomes more important.

Under full disclosure, I am a Stickfast dealer. As a dealer, the costs are less for personal use, but retail, at my discount level, I don't see how you make much money on it to compete against Cactus Juice (and I had this same conversation with Curtis at SWAT). It is a heavy and therefore expensive product to ship, cutting into margins for the dealer.

But if you need assistance , I know that Curtis is there for you but I haven't tried Stickfast support. In a traditional situation, you would call who you got the product from and if they don't have the answer, they call the manufacturer.

Selling through Crafts Supplies ( and a good group of folks at that) it allows Curtis more exposure. If they are selling at the same price he is, then when you buy from him (vs CS) he makes more margin.

Stickfast doesn't sell direct, so for them it is a natural extension and broadening of their channel.

As far as the product, they react the same, but I don't know if they are chemically the same and what the down sides to either are, and that is a fine line for Curtis to run. Do you point out the down side to the competitors product and potentially look like someone slamming the competitor, or do you let the product speak for itself? Here, he has a lot of sweat equity. This is one of the places where he has proved himself and the product.

ironman123

"I believe this constitutes a double epic face palm and in light of the recent tragedy a few days ago I am going to opt for non-disclosure on the paradoxical dissimulate." (from Ed)

Ed, you sound like a politician there.:):biggrin: Wha choo talkin bout?

Ray

Oh, Curtis congrats on the expansion outlets.

Ray

healeydays

Folks,

I will admit that I have used the Stick Fast product as I was asked to do a demonstration for them and got it deeply discounted. I find that there is no noticeable difference between Curtis' product and theirs from a product standpoint as far as I can tell so far.

Now let's talk the intangibles. The price is about the same, but what you get with Cactus Juice is Curtis and his years on testing, product development, relationships in the stabilization and casting world and his knowledge he is willing to share at the drop of a hat. That goes alot further than anything else I can think of.

Mike B

Priusjames

I'm new here, anybody care to explain the joke? PM is ok.

I thought it was a good question, given that I'm in the market to try stabilizing.

It's good to know the whole truth.

Thanks

James

sbell111

I'm new here, anybody care to explain the joke? PM is ok.

I thought it was a good question, given that I'm in the market to try stabilizing.

It's good to know the whole truth.

Thanks

James

I don't know what he was calling a joke.

CSUSA is selling both resins. They are comparable, if not identical (assuming that neither is 'stale', I guess). They are not currently selling Curtis' stabilizing chambers. Many use the Stickfast chambers and like them. Others buy them from Curtis (as I did) and like them. Still others use their pressure pot set up for vacuum to good effect.

Priusjames

Thanks, that's about what I've induced from reading around the forums...seems to be a relatively small world.

Thanks again

James

CSUSA is selling both resins. They are comparable, if not identical (assuming that neither is 'stale', I guess). They are not currently selling Curtis' stabilizing chambers. Many use the Stickfast chambers and like them. Others buy them from Curtis (as I did) and like them. Still others use their pressure pot set up for vacuum to good effect.[/QUOTE]

Marko50

Yes, indeed! I live in the Orem-Provo area and pick up most of my supplies from CSUSA. I've seen it, picked it up, shook it and was excited for Curtis. Way to take care of business Curtis!

edstreet

Ok, One of the joke areas is the topic title itself. Company name -vs- a product. This is like saying ford (or chevy for that matter) -vs- a sledge hammer.

One other area is this. Please try to keep up here :)

What do all of these IAP archive posts have in common? Will give you a hint, it's the first part of the topic title in this thread. ...

The price is about the same, but what you get with Cactus Juice is Curtis and his years on testing, product development, relationships in the stabilization and casting world and his knowledge he is willing to share at the drop of a hat. That goes alot further than anything else I can think of.

Mike B

Even bacon flavor, suppose that could be a win :)

Top Bottom