Stabilizing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Math2010

What do you mean by stabilizing wood?
In which situations you have to stabilize the wood?

Have never heard about that process...

Mathieu

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

It's not too bad with a small set up. If your just buying what you want it would not be cost effective, but if your into cutting logs and picking your own blanks it can be of some use. I had a guy request pens from his own dead tree, which was a little soft in some areas. Stabilizing saved the day. Its also nice if you want to dye something. A little color in the juice and throw in the blanks.

Mrbbcrafting

One More Stabilizing question

So I understand if you dye the juice and add the wood it will penetrate it and add some nice colors, then I know double dye colored pieces, I am going to assume as I have never stabilized before, when you are done with stabilizing, remove the liquid and store it for use again on other wood? If its colored.. if it is not color do you just pour it back in its original container to reuse? I never have seen anyone say what they do at the end of stabilizing.. I know very NOOB question..

lyonsacc

I haven't stabilized in a while, but when I did, I kept my used "clear" juice in a separate container from the unused juice. After being used it can pick up particles from the wood or maybe some oils. Still very usable, but I liked to keep the unused juice fresh.

Top Bottom