Some 4 colour pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericofpendom

Here are a couple of batches of 4 colour pen blanks.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Eric...

Attachments

• IMG_2078.jpg
    IMG_2078.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 370
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice blanks! What type of resin? Strictly mica powders or did you use dyes also? I find anything over 3 colors can get a bit crazy, and once poured a 7 color stopper/handle blank that had me wishing I had a few more arms.

Looking good! Now that I'm comfortable with my pressure pot, mixing, etc I'm planning on upping the number of colors I'm using. Seems that 4th color makes all the difference sometimes in the over all look! Thankfully I have a wife that likes to help so if we can keep from killing each other I really will have 4 hands to pour. :tongue:

ericofpendom

Nice blanks! What type of resin? Strictly mica powders or did you use dyes also? I find anything over 3 colors can get a bit crazy, and once poured a 7 color stopper/handle blank that had me wishing I had a few more arms.

Hi Jay, I just use a polyester resin for my blanks. The colors are just pigment suspended in resin that I get from the resin supplier. This is how I achieve the 4 color pour with ease. Click this link.http://www.penturners.org/forum/f43/4-colour-pour-system-pic-heavy-101779/
Have a look at my profile and look at the threads started by me and you will see more of this kind.

Thanks for the interest.

Regards

Eric...

Hi Jay, I just use a polyester resin for my blanks. The colors are just pigment suspended in resin that I get from the resin supplier. This is how I achieve the 4 color pour with ease. Click this link.http://www.penturners.org/forum/f43/4-colour-pour-system-pic-heavy-101779/
Have a look at my profile and look at the threads started by me and you will see more of this kind.

Thanks for the interest.

Regards

Eric...

Thank you very much Eric. I'm really enjoying casting blanks and want to take it to the next level. I use polyester resin almost exclusively and actually prefer it to Alumilite because it polishes up to a much deeper shine. Great job on those, every one is a beauty.

Woodchipper

Very attractive blanks! Also, thanks for sharing the method you use. Got that on my list to carry my penmaking to another level.
Cheers.

Top Bottom