So what have I been up to?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Nothing much.

After reaching out to Don, I've started making the Metal Leaf Blanks.

Made some in Gold (immitation of course) and Copper Varigated. Need to get some Silver (Alum) and Copper Leaf to make the others.

Then, I've also been doing some experiments in my normal vein.

YouTube

Not sure if I'll make more of these, but they do show some promise. Have a couple other things in line/mind and I need to get back to the Opals and Prisms too. But at least I'm back in the shop (Thanks Keith for helping me get back in there).

Attachments

• 20131210_000008.jpg
    20131210_000008.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 421
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Those look great Mike, should look awesome when finished. This blank i got from Don Vann, I reversed painted black and painted the tube also. I really like this blank, definitely want to try some of yours for sure.

IMG_20131210_085952.jpg

pic is a little blurred, sent from my phone
see if i cant get a better pic.
So much for that.
My pics don't them justice for sure, but they are great looking blanks when finished.

Attachments

• IMG_20131210_090657.jpg
    IMG_20131210_090657.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Russianwolf

Thanks Harry,
If there is one concern I have on them its that I may be putting in too much leaf. they are pretty packed and I know part of the appeal is the contrast with the revese painting. I may have to change the ratio that I'm using once I see what others think.

longbeard

Thanks Harry,
If there is one concern I have on them its that I may be putting in too much leaf. they are pretty packed and I know part of the appeal is the contrast with the revese painting. I may have to change the ratio that I'm using once I see what others think.

I like testing things :rolleyes::biggrin:

Top Bottom