SILMAR 41 - Where is the best source

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Been off the forum for quite some time now...much has gone on, retired from the Marine Corps, worked for a spell...ended up in the hospital with issues with my heart, quit work...moved back to home (FL) and now...after a REALLY long time I am getting my shop set back up, got 20 x 40 of a 60 x 40 steel building, and my lathe has the prime area of my new shop. Getting power to it slowly...anyway....

I want to turn one of my Iwo Jima sand pens for a 90 year old Marine Veteran of the battle...and my gallon of Silmar turned hard long, long ago.

So, where is the best source these days? Since I am back in FL, I have to pay 7% to the folks in West Palm Beach...

Merry Christmas!

Sean

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I think even with the 7% you will find that US composites is the cheapest. I have seen a couple of other vendors in Florida but they cost more than US composites. Illstreet composites is another one that is priced nicely. They are outside of Florida. They buy their resin from US Composites and resell it.

ribanett

Glad you're back on the forum

Sean,
Glad you're back on the forum. I have been out-of-pocket myself for awhile.

Hope, (No, I know) you're Iwo Jima Sand Pens were well received.

Lathemaster

Sean

I can recommend US Composites - I buy my PR strickly from them.

Tried Illstreet once but they ended up refunding my money cause they failed to ship.

Mike

Been off the forum for quite some time now...much has gone on, retired from the Marine Corps, worked for a spell...ended up in the hospital with issues with my heart, quit work...moved back to home (FL) and now...after a REALLY long time I am getting my shop set back up, got 20 x 40 of a 60 x 40 steel building, and my lathe has the prime area of my new shop. Getting power to it slowly...anyway....

I want to turn one of my Iwo Jima sand pens for a 90 year old Marine Veteran of the battle...and my gallon of Silmar turned hard long, long ago.

So, where is the best source these days? Since I am back in FL, I have to pay 7% to the folks in West Palm Beach...

Merry Christmas!

Sean

Top Bottom