Resin saver molds and alumilite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbechtol

Has anyone tried the resin saver molds with alumilite? I have had issues with some molds I bought from hobble creek. I may be using them wrong, I am not sure. But I keep getting alumilite inside the tubes after I use the pressure pot. I will try pushing the plugs in harder next time.

But I am also looking at the resin saver molds and think they may work better. They do not have plugs to insert. But the FAQ sheet on them says not to go over 20 psi, and I use 60 psi on my pot.

I might try the ptown stubbie molds too, but have had other issues with them on my civil war blanks. They seem to pull in on me leaving part of the tube with no alumilite on it at all.

Any ideas?

Dave B.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Don't use Resinsaver molds with pressure. The tubes need a better seal than the Resinsaver molds can provide if you are casting with pressure.

BTW, welcome to IAP. Drop by the Introductions Forum
and introduce yourself and you become eligible for a monthly prize drawing from all new members.

lorbay

Has anyone tried the resin saver molds with alumilite? I have had issues with some molds I bought from hobble creek. I may be using them wrong, I am not sure. But I keep getting alumilite inside the tubes after I use the pressure pot. I will try pushing the plugs in harder next time.

But I am also looking at the resin saver molds and think they may work better. They do not have plugs to insert. But the FAQ sheet on them says not to go over 20 psi, and I use 60 psi on my pot.

I might try the ptown stubbie molds too, but have had other issues with them on my civil war blanks. They seem to pull in on me leaving part of the tube with no alumilite on it at all.

Any ideas?

Dave B.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

On the P Town moulds if you push the plugs in as hard as you can then pull the mould ends up away from the tube and that won't happen.done this with 80psi.

Lin.

Top Bottom