Recommendation for a Blank Mold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Zen

I am looking to try my hand at pen blank casting and would like to buy some molds. I plan to do some tube in casting as well as making some blanks to be drilled. I anticipate starting with alumilite but will probably try some PR also.

Does anybody have any recommendations for molds. Right now I would prefer to buy something rather than trying to make my own.

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The HDPE mold from Man Eater crafts is top notch. I've put hundreds of blanks through mine without a hiccup. The silicone molds eventually wear out, killed my first one in about 100 blanks.

Pen Zen

That Maneater combination mold is impressive looking. I think I will start with one of those. I wish I could afford enough of them to fill the pressure pot. Thanks to those responding for the help.

More4dan

That Maneater combination mold is impressive looking. I think I will start with one of those. I wish I could afford enough of them to fill the pressure pot. Thanks to those responding for the help.

When looking at the cost of individual molds for different pen kits, the Maneater molds came out cheaper. Life expectancy beyond 100 blanks sealed the deal.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom