Pressure Pot Warming Chamber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

Living in northern Vermont, with a hard to heat workshop in my basement (hard to get much over low 60's in winter) I got tired of not being able to cast year round. So I built this warming box entirely with stuff I had lying around!

Just gave it its first test run, worked perfectly. The cheap temp controller (Inkbird ITC-1000f) lets you pick the set point and the drop back point. I used a 75W halogen bulb to test it that I had, but it seemed to work perfectly. I've got room to the left of the pot and under the pot for warming resins and molds.

Pretty happy with the way it works.

-gary

Attachments

• Chamber 1.jpg
    Chamber 1.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Chamber 2.jpg
    Chamber 2.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

That's a really good idea. I normally warm my resin (PR) in a water bath & try to keep it in the 90 degree range. But when it's cold, I have to reheat after a few hours. I might make one of these just for resin. I don't use a pressure pot for PR, only alumilite.

Jadey

It's a riot that you posted this, I just switched to West System from Alumilite and at the 60 degree room temps and cold compressed air in the pot it's darn close to a 8 hour cure then another 2 hours out of the pot. Actually keep the resin and hardener cans on an old reptile heater mat. Great idea better than some of the crazy ideas I was thinking up! I was just about to search for this, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

vtgaryw

It's a riot that you posted this, I just switched to West System from Alumilite and at the 60 degree room temps and cold compressed air in the pot it's darn close to a 8 hour cure then another 2 hours out of the pot. Actually keep the resin and hardener cans on an old reptile heater mat. Great idea better than some of the crazy ideas I was thinking up! I was just about to search for this, thanks!

Which West System epoxy/hardener do you use?

Gary

Jadey

Which West System epoxy/hardener do you use?

Gary

The 105/207 combo. Actually warmed the pot with a drop light before putting it in and clipped the light to the outside of it and got the cure down to 5 hours or so.....

Top Bottom