Pressure pot for vacuuming?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gethenet

i am looking to stabilize some peppercorns. Is this something I can accomplish using a HF pressure pot, or do I need a separate vac system?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
You should be able to use a pressure pot, but if you are stabilizing with Cactus Juice or something similar, unless you have a clear top, you won't be able to see when most of the air is out of the items being stabilized (bubbling stops or slows considerably).

Gethenet

You should be able to use a pressure pot, but if you are stabilizing with Cactus Juice or something similar, unless you have a clear top, you won't be able to see when most of the air is out of the items being stabilized (bubbling stops or slows considerably).

Is that something that once done, it needs to come out asap? I guess what I'm asking is can one OVER stabilize?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

Is that something that once done, it needs to come out asap? I guess what I'm asking is can one OVER stabilize?
Nope, can't over stabilize. I suggest you contact Curtis at Turn Texwoodworks with any other questions about stabilizing with CJ.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
No such thing as over stabilizing or over soaking. You can leave your blanks in Cactus Juice as long as you want and it will not hurt the blanks. You also do not need to even cover the container since Cactus Juice will not evaporate.

Gethenet

Thank you for the responses, even the one that basically acted as if my question was a huge inconvenience to him! Sorry if I don't find the answers to all my questions before I ask. To be honest, if every response was like yours, I would find another forum to go to. Fortunately MOST of the individuals on here are VERY helpful, and can answer a simple question, without making it sound like its a Hugh inconvenience to them.

Thanks again for those that answered my question

Top Bottom