Pressure pot source in the UK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
For weeks I have struggled to find a new suitable pot for pressure casting. The prices are crazy too and I nearly got one ordered from the States. Axminster had one for £120 but included hoses and gun, which I didn't need or want to pay for. I sent a chance e-mail to ask if I could just buy the pot and they said sure, less than £40 !!! Delivered too.:D If any UK guys are interested, you have to contact them as you can't buy spares online.

Pikebite

Steven is this for casting resin blanks or for stabilising wood? If it is for wood what are you going to use as a stabilising solution? Many of the ideas on this forum are not available in the UK.

Thanks for the heads up on this btw.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Richard, initially I'll use it for casting. I'm not so good with wood so maybe later I'll try stabilising. I have a pretty tough vac chamber that I made some time ago and I clad it in stainless steel straps just to practice pressure casting. It works, but structurally it wasn't designed to withstand positive pressure and I was a bit dubious about using it. I just did it to fulfill a promise from another thread as I wasn't sure when I could do it in a proper setup.
Alumilite is available here as are several other clear cast resins. I've chosen the Alumilite because of the great info I got here and as my workshop is attached to my house I didn't want resin stinks through it. It costs twice the price as it does in USA though - £39 / 16oz[:(]
I don't think stabilising would be a problem, as loads of guys here seem to use all sorts of varnishes etc. If you want me to try it out then send me a bit of wood that would be likely candidate and I'll give it a go and send it back to you to turn and you can see if its any good.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom