Pressure pot question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrashmanS

I found a Sharpe pressure pot in the back of my body shop. I'm working to get it converted to casting and need some advise. It says not to exceed a working pressure of 80 psi in the lid. Should I set my pop off valve at this pressure? Even if I never go over 50-60 psi?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

lorbay

I know on my pot it said the same thing but the pop off valve used to go off at 60 to 65
Lin

socdad

I found a Sharpe pressure pot in the back of my body shop. I'm working to get it converted to casting and need some advise. It says not to exceed a working pressure of 80 psi in the lid. Should I set my pop off valve at this pressure? Even if I never go over 50-60 psi?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes ... If you never plan to go above 50-60 psi doesn't mean that it never will happen. Better save than ….

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Not sure what you are casting.

I'm not an expert, but I have done some blanks with Alumilite and never needed to go above 45 PSI for 60 minutes. Let set, or put in the oven at low temp (200 F) for 30 minutes, leave it alone overnight, it will be fine. In the summer - just set outside for it to get solid. A day later - very solid. Patience...

Top Bottom