Pressure Cooker for a Casting/Stabilization Pot?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

witz1976

RUN!!! Seriously, those are not built for casting, let alone stabilization. Do the right thing, leave the pot in the kitchen and buy a good pressure pot.

truckfixr

I considered doing so, but decided against it for safety reasons. Most (cast aluminum) pressure cookers would probably fail at lower pressures than a HF pot would. Also, sealing them would be problematic (at least on the older designs).

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I do recall one member casting in a pressure cooker, may he rest in peace.:beat-up::doctor::ghost:

Last edited:

tim self

All the above!!! Being that I do canning, they are not rated for the pressure of casting. I have a canner the wife over pressured, maybe 25 lbs, and the bottom is rounded. Now it makes a nice planter.

I also have an "old" All American that is twice as thick as the new ones and still do not trust it to use it for casting.

kmccolly

Re: Using Pressure Cooker

Thanks for the warnings, guys! I will scrap that plan. Obviously some of my ideas do not fit in the "better" class. Thanks again.....

Ken :eek:

Fred

Curtis, PM me your address and when the local vegetable stand cranks up her "Goober Boiler" I'll get you some on the way. She makes them the ole fashioned way and they sure are good either hot or cold!

PenMan1

Boiled peanuts? Man, I would give a couple of "Original Cactus Blank"™ pen blanks for some good boiled peanuts! Can't get them here in Texas very easily! I love me some boiled peanuts!

Curtis:
Send me you address. The green peanuts (grown locally here) will be ready soon. THEY ARE GREAT!!! Forget about all the fancy recipes that you may read, just fill the pot with as much beer as you can afford, then finish covering the peanuts with water. Salt to taste, that's about 1/2 box per pot for me. Boil. The End.

gmreeves

OK, so here is the Yankee in me wondering what on earth is boiled peanuts??

Sorry I have to do this but they are boiled peanuts still in the shell. Cajun spiced are even better. I may have to run get some this afternoon at the local gas station. I'm from the south so it is a little easier for me to comprehend. We also have fried peanuts right in the shell.

PenMan1

Only problem with boiled peanuts is that you need to be ALONE when you eat them or around VERY GOOD FRIENDS.

They do have a bit of "after shock"! :)

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The reason a pressure cooker is no good for this is it is made to work under a very low pressure that would be too low for casting or stabilizing. I use HF pots and with well over a 1000 casts through them I have had no problem, but the trend seems to be pointing towards the Binks pots now.

witz1976

Sorry I have to do this but they are boiled peanuts still in the shell. Cajun spiced are even better. I may have to run get some this afternoon at the local gas station. I'm from the south so it is a little easier for me to comprehend. We also have fried peanuts right in the shell.

Hmm...i always known of roasted peanuts, never boiled them. must be missing out on something then huh

phillywood

Anyone ever made a casting/stabilization pot from a pressure cooker?

Ken

ken, it can be done but here is the cost:
1/2 Million dollar life insurance increase for your family+ cost of repalcemnet of the house+ your neigborhood freindly Insurance agent(Nationwide Insurance) on your side. (that is if their slogan is true):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
May God Bless you.
what in the world happened to youguys in Gainsville, I hope youdidn't have tornado hitting you. I bet you your wife will aprove of this plan, but you have ot show her the cost I just quoted you. she would probably will be willing to Iron your nice cloths for you too, to execute the plan.
:eek::eek::eek::beat-up::beat-up::beat-up:

workinforwood

I was just thinking about the Pressure Cooker today since this post started. I haven't had that baby out in a long time. It's a perfect pot for making a roast on a hot day like today because it won't heat the house up like the oven does. Steams the veggies real nice and keeps the roast from drying out. Off to make dinner now..I hope everyone is hungry!

Top Bottom