Paint tank pressure pot (?)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I'm not even sure I will ever want to try using a pressure pot when I start casting but I have been curious about my paint tank. I haven't used it since I stopped working for myself 10 years ago. Dug it out tonight so I could post this pic. It says 25-40 normal working pressure, 50 psi maximum working pressure.

Is this even something that could be considered (at low pressure) and if so what would it need for mods if any?

T anks! :) :biggrin:

Attachments

• pp1.jpg
    pp1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,392
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

manatee

My pressure pot started life as a paint tank. You will need to make some mods to it but there are instructions in the library and on the net.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Many of the Craftsman pots were made by DeVilbiss/Binks so if the lid is nice and heavy, then I would not be concerned with using it! My opinion, forget modifying for vacuum and just set it up for pressure and make it as simple as possible (less areas to leak).

Here is how mine are set up
attachment.php

Lenny

Thanks Curtis!

I'm still not sure IF I will add this to the equation (I'm taking baby steps with this casting thing) but it's good to know the option is potentially there! :)

This is a used pot I just picked up for $60 and converted to a nice pressure pot able to hold 70-80 lbs. easy.I had been using the HF model(junk) and the top was bent so i suggest finding a used good quality one to convert.Most my casting has been done @ 40-50 lbs. but was told by Curtis that he casts Alumilite @ I think 75 lbs.Good Luck,Victor

Top Bottom