Oven for stabilization

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Have question on what is the best oven to use, Std old style toaster oven or one the has a convection future.
I also understand you want to maintain a 200 deg temp for 2 hours, is that correct?

Charlie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

Have question on what is the best oven to use, Std old style toaster oven or one the has a convection future.
I also understand you want to maintain a 200 deg temp for 2 hours, is that correct?

Charlie

I have used an old small toaster oven. But I have a PID based temperature controller that keeps the temp to 200 +/- one degree.

robutacion

Charlie

The actually required time for Cactus Juice is 90 minutes which is the timer capacity of most of these smaller ovens. You don't need the convection feature what you need is an oven with heating elements above and below and a good dripping tray something like 71cblhzSn8L._SL1500_.jpg

Cheers
George

PatrickR

I tried a toaster oven and couldn't keep the temp steady. I found a roaster at GW that works great, plenty of room, easy to access and clean.

giardinm

Goodwill toaster oven

Bought a toaster oven from goodwill for 5 bucks and an oven thermometer for 5bucks.
Put thermometer on tray in oven and adjusted until 225. Holds within a few degrees no problem. And I'm only in it 10 bucks for when I inevitably ruin it.:)

SteveG

Some TO's have a 'minute' timer, but no provision for heating with no automatic timed shut down. Look for the feature that will leave the oven on without automatic shut off.

I use the cheapest toaster oven I could find at Walmart and bought a digital oven thermometer. It can be a little finicky to get the temp set at first but once I do it's good to go.

Top Bottom