Other Mica Powders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Uncle Monster

Has anyone ever ordered mica powder from aliexpress.com? I used it with epoxy resin when I made jewelry and had great results. I'm going to give casting a shot soon and wondering if there is a great deal of difference between these powders and Pearlex. I'm sure I'll be experimenting either way, but I'm impatient and curious to see what your thoughts are. Thanks!

robutacion

Has anyone ever ordered mica powder from aliexpress.com? I used it with epoxy resin when I made jewelry and had great results. I'm going to give casting a shot soon and wondering if there is a great deal of difference between these powders and Pearlex. I'm sure I'll be experimenting either way, but I'm impatient and curious to see what your thoughts are. Thanks!

Well, some of the colours you get from them or any other Chinese supplier, I could swear they are the same as the Pearlex but for a fraction of the price, the results when mixed are the same so, I wonder...!:wink:

The other factor is that you can get a huge variety of colours that you won't find anywhere else, from the "pearl" colours to the more solid colours, translucent, metallic and the glow in the dark, I have used about 60 of colours Pearlex doesn't make. The interesting thing about the glow in the dark powders is that you can have them in a variety of colours, contrary to the greenish colour produced but most of this type powders found in the Branded ones.

There are people on eBay selling small bags of all these powders, sometimes buying directly may be cheaper but you have to buy a fair amount of each colour.

Cheers
George

I order all mine from Chinese vendors on the 'bay. Dirt cheap and work every bit as good as the one Pearl Ex I bought. I bought 50gm bags for $3.53/ea with free shipping, arrived within 2 weeks.

Top Bottom