Oil?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Where do you guys buy your HFV-46 ONLY oil for your U.S. General 2.5 cfm 1/6th HP 1720 rpm Item #98076? Our new Harbor Freight store guy says they don't have it. Any big box stores carry this stuff? I would like not to buy online.

Thanks for any help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

What are the exact specs? Check with an automotive store. Our Auto Zone store has all kind of lubricants for cars, trucks, marine, lawn, etc. The HF tells me they are trying to get customers to buy their product. Like auto manufacturers- Use only XXXXX oil or lubricants. Like they have their own refineries?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks, I checked HF first, Autozone 2nd, then looked online. Search showed Walmart has it. But I'm not convinced of that. We now have 3" of fresh snow. I'm not interested in driving around town looking door to door.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Where do you guys buy your HFV-46 ONLY oil for your U.S. General 2.5 cfm 1/6th HP 1720 rpm Item #98076? Our new Harbor Freight store guy says they don't have it. Any big box stores carry this stuff? I would like not to buy online.

Thanks for any help!

Chuck, Hit Napa up. Tell em you need vacuum pump oil. They carry it

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Thanks for any help!

Yeah the girl at O'Reilly said they have it. $9.99 for 8 oz. :eek: I don't think she was looking at the right bottle..

Top things off...I got Cactus Juice in the pump this morning. Sucked it right up while I was looking at the oil Sight Glass. :frown:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Sounds like one of those days,Chuck. :frown:
Now it seems you need to overhaul the vac pump too.:mad:

Go play in the snow a bit.....it'll make you feel better:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sounds like one of those days,Chuck. :frown:
Now it seems you need to overhaul the vac pump too.:mad:

Go play in the snow a bit.....it'll make you feel better:biggrin:

Yup! I think you're right. I DID go out and plow my driveway....but I don't think I feel any better :redface: :biggrin: Thanks Steven!!!:biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam

Thanks for any help!

Yeah the girl at O'Reilly said they have it. $9.99 for 8 oz. :eek: I don't think she was looking at the right bottle..

Top things off...I got Cactus Juice in the pump this morning. Sucked it right up while I was looking at the oil Sight Glass. :frown:

She probably drank to much Cactus Juice and gave you the price for A/C compressor oil :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Chuck, you weren't supposed to do any work outside...you should have just made a snowman and lay on your back and made snow angels..:wink:

How do you get all the cactus juice from the vac pump and hoses and bits? Do you need to use a solvent or something?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, you weren't supposed to do any work outside...you should have just made a snowman and lay on your back and made snow angels..:wink:

How do you get all the cactus juice from the vac pump and hoses and bits? Do you need to use a solvent or something?

I did those things ....when I was 12 :biggrin:

Near as I can find out about cleaning up CJ is, it likes soap and water. I left another message for TurnTex. I don't know if this thing is worth taking apart. It was given to me, and I don't know how many actual Kilometers are on it. :biggrin: LOL!! Don't go thinking I actually know anything about the Metric System.:biggrin: That's just a word I saw on my Speedometer. I figure it has something to do with distance in an hours time. :biggrin:

chartle

Its somewhere on the Turntex website but I can't seem to find it.

Its something like change oil, suck up some oil in the hose and then change the oil again.

chartle

According to Cactus Juice Cleaning Instructions, Curtis washes his chamber with "regular dish soap and water". I presume the same process would work for the other pieces as well.

Regards,
Eric

This is for the tank not for inside the pump.

The juice mixes with the oil. Luckily it separates like oil and water but I'm assuming it runs too long like this the juice will emulsify like salad dressing or mayonnaise.

Last edited:

chartle

Top Bottom