New Resin Saver - did you notice something neat?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penl8the

I am not sure if this has mentioned before, if it has, please ignore me.

I just noticed that the new Resin Saver from Charlie (NewLondon88) has incorporate the name of the pen kit at the bottom of the mold.

For example the SWEB Resin Saver, next time after casting turn the blank up-side-down (i.e., curve side up) you will see the raised letters "SWEB" embossed on it.

I think that is neat. Really neat!!!! :good::good::good::good::good:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am not sure if this has mentioned before, if it has, please ignore me.

I just noticed that the new Resin Saver from Charlie (NewLondon88) has incorporate the name of the pen kit at the bottom of the mold.

For example the SWEB Resin Saver, next time after casting turn the blank up-side-down (i.e., curve side up) you will see the raised letters "SWEB" embossed on it.

I think that is neat. Really neat!!!! :good::good::good::good::good:

I just got mine and he even did one better. Now they are are on the side so you can see what you have cooking all the time without turning upside down. :good::good::good: Threw in an extra thumb for Charlie.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Charlie(NewLondon88) just keeps improving HIS product design for US. Keep up the great work Charlie(NewLondon88).

workinforwood

Lets hope that if he keeps improving them, that some day he makes two piece molds! I would like to see resin saver style molds that are deeper and you have a part B side, so the blank comes out round. Deeper means you can cast thicker objects on to the tube, thus the need for it to be round too, instead of shallow and flat on top. Don't forget..a way to get the resin into the mold too! Did I mention I want the blanks to be poured on end to increase production? :biggrin:

jason_r

It is possible to do a round resin saver mold. I actually have one that I made which fits 7mm tubes. (I was doing some custom casts in alumilite for slimlines and trying to push the cost as low as possible)

However, loading it is a royal PITA. Extracting the mold from the master was a pain. To do pens with different length barrels would require 2 molds. Combining those issues with the issues using pressure on resin savers caused me to scrap the idea.

Charlie makes a great mold. I own several - the round one I made gathers dust.

Top Bottom