New PR Vendor - Composite Envisions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I know they have been mention here before, but I thought I'd let everyone know my experience.

Today I received my 1st order from Composite Envisions LLC. When I placed my orderI got an order confirmation, and my order was shipped 1 business day after the order was placed, and I got a shipping notice when it was shipped. Now I know that isn't out of the ordinary, except it was lacking from my previous vendor.

Everything was well packaged, and arrived today. The PR was clear and a light blue, just as it should be. I know this is basically a "CHEER" thread, but PR isn't used by everyone on IAP, so I posted it in the casting forum.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Awesome resource. Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for a supplier that was closer to Ohio. This might be it.

I think you will find that if the "carbon fiber" is colored it is most likely kevlar or fiberglass and not carbon fiber. It might weaved with carbon fiber though.

SteveG

No international shipping the rest of the world is out of luck.

Curly, if you want to order some products there, I can forward them to you. Think of it this way: your stuff gets to have a short "vacation" in Hawaii. That way, it will work better for you!:eek::eek:

Curly

Thanks for the offer but we won't need anything until we have a shop 8 or 10 months from now and they don't ship chemicals by air so you can't get any either! :eek: The thing I find odd is that they have at the top of the home page, a currency selector to get prices in Euro's, Pounds, Canadian & Australian dollars. If they don't want to sell outside the US they loose to the companies that are happy to. Maybe I should post in the Jeers section eh? :wink:

Enough digression. Back to the topic BSea started.

BSea

BTW, my old vendor WAS NOT US Composits (who I still use from time to time). Just in case anyone was wondering. I was going to post a JEER, but it's been longer than 30 days since my last order. But I won't order from them again, even if they are in the same state as Jonathon Brooks. :rolleyes: If anyone wants to know my experience with that company, you can send me a PM, and I'll be glad to tell you why I won't order from them again.

jttheclockman

BTW, my old vendor WAS NOT US Composits (who I still use from time to time). Just in case anyone was wondering. I was going to post a JEER, but it's been longer than 30 days since my last order. But I won't order from them again, even if they are in the same state as Jonathon Brooks. :rolleyes: If anyone wants to know my experience with that company, you can send me a PM, and I'll be glad to tell you why I won't order from them again.

Have no clue what you are saying but good luck.

BSea

Have no clue what you are saying but good luck.
I'm just saying my dissatisfaction was not with US Composits. The JEER rules prohibit me from posting a JEER after 30 days from my order, so I can't name the company. But if anyone wants to know, they can send me a PM.

jttheclockman

Well Bob

This is not the forum for cheers and jeers and to be honest I bet no one had any ideas you had a bad experience from your original post. I thought you were celebrating the fact you found a new source for resin. Both places are excellent people to deal with that you mentioned. Sorry if you had a bad experience and I am sure you now have learned like everything there is always more than one source. If a vendor does not do right with you move on to another. Your money is good anywhere. I always tell every car dealership that when I go to buy a new truck. I have no loyalties to anyone and that includes any vendor anywhere. Money talks as they say.

Good luck and look forward to seeing more of your creations. :)

robertkulp

I've ordered from US Composites and that company in SC. US Comp has always shipped very promptly, but the time I ordered from the other guys, it took forever and a few emails to get them to ship. I've heard from others that they never seem to have Silmar 41 in stock and it's usually at least a week or two for them to ship.

I've not heard of Composite Envisions, but I might give them a try. Thanks for the info.

brownsfn2

The company in SC orders its resin from US Composites. I called Composite Envisions today. They order their resin direct from the silmar division at Interplastics. In my opinion I think that is a better situation. The sooner I can get it into my hands from the manufacturer the fresher it is.

BSea

I
Have never used these resins for casting, but which resin is best, casting, and using worthless wood, press pot ? Thanks Neil
I use Silmar 41 for colored resin blanks and clear for on tube casts like stamp blanks.

For embedded objects like wood, bone, or most anything else, I use alumilite. Alumilite won't shirk nearly as much as silmar 41, so there is less chance of it pulling away from the embedded material.

I also do colored cast with alumilite. It is a better material for custom pens because it machines better without being brittle. Plus the colors separate so much better with alumilite. But alumilite is harder to polish.

Top Bottom