My pressure pot set up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Picked up an old Pressure pot on fleabay for $75 shipped. It has a PSI limit of 50 but I think it will do. I have spent the past few days getting my fittings and deciding how to set her up. This is what I came up with. Let me know what you think or if you think it could be reworked in a better way.

I like this pot becasue the clamps are not C Clamp type but instead slip into notches and hold it down.

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Fittings.
Very top center Pressure relief valve
Left - Female Quick Connect to hook up my vacuum pump if I need to.
Center - Plug (too many holes on this thing)
Right - 90 degree Elbow > Valve > Pressure Gauge > Male Quick Connect to Compressor.

IMG_1493.jpg

I currently have a cast brewing in there. Fingerscrossed. If they work they will be pens that I am giving to my church to help raise money to build a new Children building. I drop in the ocean I know but every bit helps.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The only problem I see is that your gauge is on the wrong side of the valve. When you close the valve and remove the hose, your gauge will go to zero and you will not know if you have a leak or not. If you were not planning to remove the hose, I HIGHLY suggest you re-consider. All it takes if for the seal to fail overnight and keep your compressor running all night long which will then burn it up. I know this from direct personal experience!

Justturnin

The only problem I see is that your gauge is on the wrong side of the valve. When you close the valve and remove the hose, your gauge will go to zero and you will not know if you have a leak or not. If you were not planning to remove the hose, I HIGHLY suggest you re-consider. All it takes if for the seal to fail overnight and keep your compressor running all night long which will then burn it up. I know this from direct personal experience!

There are actually 2 valves. The connection w/ the gauge has a valve to control flow and can shut so the gauge is actually sitting between valves. The only reason I put the 2nd valve was so if I use vacuum I can close off my pressure guage from the vacuum pull.

I forgot about that until you mentioned it.

Top Bottom