my daughters play by play on casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Ok I just had to post this video. This was taken back in oct when we first started casting out blanks. Now remember while you watch this that it is a nine year old girl doing the shooting and narrating. Hope you like it, it is pretty funny.

hannahs casting video.wmv - YouTube

I cant seem to be able to link the video like Jeff has shown some of the others. I will try on the next one. I will have another video coming out about mid week. We are gonna look at some types of casting supplies in dept. If there is any thing that you may want to know about just let me know and we will see if we can make a video of it. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

That was good. I like how she made the dots then the swirl inbetween. I thought all the colors would of ran together. Then when she showed the closeup-I said wow that is a good idea.

phillywood

Chris, I am all for getting the kids involved in Arts and Crafts, however, my concern is that you didn't have them wearing gloves or very first moment in the video you are handling a highly inflammable substance that in the very near future your kids are going to want to experiment on their own. I am hoping that you keep all those chemicals that are supposed to be handled by grown ups all locked up for their safety. and hopefully you are providing them with goggles in case of a spillage.

leestoresund

You did this in the kitchen???

My wife won't let Silmar in the house. Smells so bad she doesn't even want it in the neighborhood.

Lookin' forward to the finished product.

Lee

sumterdad

Any chance of a final pic?

Sorry this video was done back in oct and not sure if we took a final pic of it.

Chris, I am all for getting the kids involved in Arts and Crafts, however, my concern is that you didn't have them wearing gloves or very first moment in the video you are handling a highly inflammable substance that in the very near future your kids are going to want to experiment on their own. I am hoping that you keep all those chemicals that are supposed to be handled by grown ups all locked up for their safety. and hopefully you are providing them with goggles in case of a spillage.

As I said in the original post this was taken when we first started casting we have learned alot since then. My wife has learned that she cant do casting without gloves, and my little girl wears them as well as for me I do not because it doesnt bother my hands. as far as the flammability of it, well lets just say we dont go striking matches around it to see if it will light. Hopefully our future videos will strike a better chord with you.

You did this in the kitchen???

My wife won't let Silmar in the house. Smells so bad she doesn't even want it in the neighborhood.

Lookin' forward to the finished product.

Lee

Yes we started in the kitchen with all of the bedroom doors shut and the door to the outside opened with the screen and the vent to the stove going. The smell was pretty much not a factor. Now that it is cold we have converted a side room that we used all the time but here recently have not really set foot in it so we made it into our casting room, and maybe we might just turn it into our pen room:biggrin: We are able to keep all of the smell in that one area and it does not even affect the house. I on the other hand have been doing plumbing for 17 years and I cant hardly smell the glue when I am under a sink with it so smelling the silmar 41 is really a non issue for me but boy my wife smells it, so I understand what your wife thinks.

Thanks

phillywood

As I said in the original post this was taken when we first started casting we have learned alot since then. My wife has learned that she cant do casting without gloves, and my little girl wears them as well as for me I do not because it doesnt bother my hands. as far as the flammability of it, well lets just say we dont go striking matches around it to see if it will light. Hopefully our future videos will strike a better chord with you. Ther are a reasons that kids don't go to the reaearch centers and mess around with chemicals

I said my comments for the sake of the kids not you. I am sure you are used to palying with chemicals. We know that as kids approach the teen years their sense of independence and wanting to explore W/O Mom and Dad around grows.
Good luck, with your adventures and I pray that nothing will ever happens to anyone in your family. It was just word of cautions, since that I am an adult and in the process of my turning I already have paid my dues in the area of accidents. Just don't wish it to happen for the little ones.

Last edited:

elody21

I am sorry I agree with phillywood.
This is not something for kids to even be around.
I said the exact things you are saying when I started stripping furniture at the age of 16. "The chemicals don't hurt my hands, so I don't need gloves" My dad thought I was tough.
It is not only so the chemicals do not burn your hands, it is so the chemicals do not absorb into your system!
Just because a smell does not bother someone anymore does not mean it is not effecting your body.
I spent years working with strong smelling chemicals and not taking the proper steps to protect myself.
I ended up getting sicker and sicker. At the age of 50 I was getting my affairs in order. It took 2 years for me to find a dr. to figure out what was wrong with me. After a bunch of blood tests the Dr finally discovered that my system was overloaded with heavy metals and toxic chemicals.
I spent 6 months,3 times a week, 5 hours each, with an IV in my arm having chelation done to flush everything out. The cost is not covered by insurance and it was right up there with buying a new car!
I am ok now, but a lot poorer and I lost 2 years of my life.
OK I have had my say.It was not at all to offend you or anyone.
I just really needed to say something because of the children.
I know you might say it is none of our business, but when it was filmed and shown to us, yes it became our business.
Elody21

Top Bottom