More with my new pigments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I apologize for the white balance on this quick photo I snapped... too busy with the day job to mess with it. Cast these 6 today with various mixtures of pigments from a concrete supply company. Turns out they use mica based pigments to dye concrete... go figure. :)

All of these are 3 color. I think I've finally got my pouring method down to where I like it. Good mix of color all the way through and I'm not swirling these at all after the fact. You certainly get a different look when you swirl manually vs with the pour. I'm going to try a swirl the next batch with a toothpick or something just to see the difference.

Two blues and a gold, blue,green, and "silver" pearl, and 2 greens with black.

Attachments

• October2Casts-1.jpg
    October2Casts-1.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregory Hardy

These are fantastic. Not casting myself yet but sense that it is in my future. Was the concrete supply place online or was it a brick-and-mortar store? (Sorry - I couldn't resist.) Share a site if online, please? Pigments are so expensive - I'm hoping this is a cheaper way to go about it. Your pour technique really gave some great lines to the blanks. Really beautiful.

Woodchipper

I marvel at how creative the folks are on this forum. Not into casting but like the colors and how they blend by just pouring rather than mixing.

These are fantastic. Not casting myself yet but sense that it is in my future. Was the concrete supply place online or was it a brick-and-mortar store? (Sorry - I couldn't resist.) Share a site if online, please? Pigments are so expensive - I'm hoping this is a cheaper way to go about it. Your pour technique really gave some great lines to the blanks. Really beautiful.

Black Diamond Pigments is the name, they do have a website. Price per gram is a little less than PearlEx and you can certainly buy in BIG quantities if ya want to. It's still not "cheap" but the value is there. Thanks for the compliments! I may stick a couple in the for sale area to fund more resin to play with. :cool:

Top Bottom