Mica powders and pigments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jxdubbs

I was seeing who likes what mica powder or pigment the most? Pearl ex, casters choice, or any other brand? Maybe favorite colors for your blanks? Specialty dyes or pigments like 2tone chameleon, photocromatic or thermochromatic? But mostly I'm trying to find a good brand with alot of choices for s decent price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EPCTX

I bought a sampler of Pearl Ex with 32 small jars a while ago and it gave me a chance to really experiment to find some favorites. Depending on the effect I want I add some Aluminite dye also. I really love the look I get with the Pearl Ex and I'm sure they're plenty of other quality powders out there but the assortment gave a lot of choices to try out.

I found the best deal here https://www.utrechtart.com/Jacquard...ents--Set-of-32-MP-27103-005-i1002866.utrecht

Good luck!

MRDucks2

To be honest, I have several powders from Pearl X, some casters choice, some from left over auto paint, etc. they are a mix of solids, metallics, pearlescent, color shifting. I also a broad selection of Alumilite dyes and one from other place in white.

Despite some of what I have read on IAP, they all create cool but different effects. While I have done some things with some of them they did not turn out like I planned, it is all in my learning processes.

They all seem to do well, just some perform differently. I have the most of the Pearl Ex because I watch for sales or markdowns at Hobby Lobby when I walk through one.

I have have neat effects from casters choice, metallic mart and some private label stuff that could be from anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Terredax

Banned
Just an estimate, but I have somewhere around 2,000 colorants, from companies all over the world. They are either powders or dispersions.
Some of them are similar in color (there are only so many shades/tints of any given color), but even so, they give different effects once added to any carrier.
One of the powders I have, is in a gallon size jar, and is a red/gold/orange chameleon.
There was also a red metallic that Cadillac used several years ago, that I have a big canister of. It was manufactured in Japan, and when Japan was devastated by the hurricane, it wasn't available for quite some time.

I have many specialty colors like these, that are no longer available.

Sometime, when I have nothing to do:rolleyes:, I'll lay them out and get a photo. Don't expect much from the photo. Looking at my past posts of photos, will explain it.

KCW

I use mostly Pearl-Ex, but like others, I have various odds and ends from other places also.

Pigment.jpg

Top Bottom