Low Mess Stabilizing in Small Pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Wanted to share this as it meets my needs well. Bought a stabilizing system from another IAP member which included the small Hold Fast vacuum chamber.

Since I am just starting and experimenting, small batches and different woods/colors are the norm. I was trying different containers in the pot but just wasn't happy. Told wife I needed to find some small diameter straight sided flat bottom containers no more than 6 inches tall and ideally small enough in diameter to get at least two in the chamber.

She noticed the 6 pack of condiment bottles at Sam's for less than $5. They meet my needs perfectly. There is a shoulder at 5-3/8" and they are 6 inches deep. With 4 blanks 5-1/4" long they can be submerged in Cactus Juice, the shoulder secures them from floating and you have about 1/2" of headroom for bubbles.

Plus, I can get 3 bottles of 4 blanks in the chamber. If blanks are a little thin or you only have 3, a small weight such as a bigger nut can hold things down. 3 batches, 4 blanks, 3 different colors at one time.

IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom