Leaves

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
I'm going leaf hunting in the morning so I had little time to search. Fall is here and we have amazing colors around...I had the idea to cast some...red, yellow, orange...it ain't Maine...but colors are great!
Suggestions please! Any prep, paint the tube and glue? Soak in glycol? Plenty of leaf's to go around!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

leaves need to be dry to be cast in resin, and they be difficult to bend when dry. I would try gluing them to the tube when they are fresh and let the naturally dry on the tubes. Leaves are rather large for a tube too, not sure what the effect is that you want. Certainly there are smaller leaves you can overlap on to a tube. I'm not sure if when it's all done, the leaves will be obvious or not, and I'm not sure the nice colors won't just all become the same burnt color from the resin. You can take a bunch of leaves and crush them and put them in resin, but then you definitely got nothing obvious. I am not sure anything you do will work out that great, but there's always a chance, have at it!

Jim Burr

Banned
That's the plan Jeff...ust gonna grip it and rip it! We have lots of small leafed trees and there is no shortage of color! Going to cast on a Sierra tube just for shear diameter. Pic's to follow!

robdogtn

I anxiously await as I was thinking of doing the same thing. I thought the crushed variety of fall colored leaves in clear resin and paint the inside hole black to give the piece dimension would be awesome.

Mason Kuettel

Maybe tie them on like the feather blanks? Start at the top and overlap the leaves to cover the string from tying. Just an idea from someone who has never casted a blank or tied a feather blank so take it for what its worth!

Top Bottom