Label casting with PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
HELP,
I am having a bad time trying to place labels on pens. I am using a color laser printer with label paper. At first I turned the pen added the label then used a CA finish. I had some fading and distortion, especially with black.
Then I tried to add labels and cast the tube in Similar PR. Completely ruined the label with bleeding of the colors, label unrecognizable. I used a pressure pot for the casting at 60 PSI.
Any thoughts, should I use a different PR. Pressure or no pressure. I'm baffled and frustrated
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

HI Steve,
I think laser printing must be sealed. I've only used inkjet printed labels and seal with thin .CA. print.let dry for a day. Stick label and secure well. Let dry then use CA.

Decals may be a good choice for the images going onto wood barrels.

Don
I have not tried laser printing so hopefully someone who has can offer more help.

Mikeyt

I have printed labels with Avery labels using a laser printer all the time and cast in polyester resin.
Once I printed with label paper but in preferences i put photo paper for type of paper I was using and this caused the link to scratch off and the ink smeared off when I cast in polyester resin. This might be your problem.

I will print my labels high resolution and for paper preferences I put in label paper and print it out put on brass tube and cast with no issues. I know some of the Avery labels will look dull when printed so if I have the time to wait I will spray with krylon clear gloss and let fully dry for a couple of days to a week then cast the label to look brighter.

It is all trial and error I have tried different things to get better results sometimes they work other times they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jttheclockman

Not sure what it is you are asking. But it has been done with laser printing but the key is to use the correct paper for it. Avery labels is not the correct paper. After it dries you need to seal it just like with ink jet labels. Many people use a clear top coat such as Krylon crystal clear. do not top coat with CA. It will smear the colors. If casting in silmar I would put a light coat over the tube before casting. After it has cured cast as normal.

Decals are another process and many times can be top coated with CA or Krylon. These are my thoughts on this subject.:)

Top Bottom