I hate when I do stupid things …

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

socdad

Anyone know a pen that uses a tube similar to an Artisan Aero from CSUSA? I found a small bag of powder coated tubes that I labeled AREO last summer … I measured the length … spot on at 1.98 inches. Covered them in feathers, cast in polyester resin … went to turn and the bushings were a bit too small … the diameter of the tube .011" too big … I guess I could just epoxy into the pen but I would rather find what pen the tube was designed for. This has already given me a headache … any thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Looking in the library charts (and still on the CSUSA page), I found ....

30 Caliber Bolt Action ... Tube length = 1.97" ... Tube diameter = 0.368" (drill 3/8" = 0.375")

You say that your tube is 0.011" oversize relative to the bushings you measured ... but you don't say whether the 0.011" is for the OD or the ID, so I can't help any further I don't think. . Back to you .

socdad

Looking in the library charts (and still on the CSUSA page), I found ....

30 Caliber Bolt Action ... Tube length = 1.97" ... Tube diameter = 0.368" (drill 3/8" = 0.375")

You say that your tube is 0.011" oversize relative to the bushings you measured ... but you don't say whether the 0.011" is for the OD or the ID, so I can't help any further I don't think. . Back to you .

Bolt Action was my 1st thought. I tried to insert my bushing in the blank, it wouldn't fit so I started looking elsewhere. As it turns out the inside of the tube was powder coated … a quick twist with round file, problem solved … other than my inability to correctly label the bags I put tubes in … Thanks Mal for the reminder

TonyL

I have looked for the same, but couldn't find a match. There are not many 23/64 kits (Aero, Professor, ???). Following.

Top Bottom